Brand new, just finished (2006) genuine log cabin on 2.95 wooded acres with 206 ft of private frontage on the Little Manistee River.
Handcrafted Michigan Red Pine Log Cabin. Interior is rustic red pine with cedar detailing.
Open Beam Ceilings finished with knotty pine tongue & groove. This is a genuine handcrafted, notched corner, chinked log cabin. Registered as an official Michigan log cabin under the auspices of the Michigan Log Cabin Society.
Surrounded by Northwest Michigan’s finest network of snowmobile and off road trails. The property is adjacent to The Manistee National Forest, a paradise for hunters, hiking, biking, snowmobilers and cross country skiers.
- Modern kitchen. New appliances, ceramic tile snack bar, hand crafted cedar cabinets.
(ceramic tile floor) - 9’ x 12’
- Full bath (ceramic tile floor) - 6’x9’
- Dining room (perigo wood floor) - 9’ x 13’
- Spacious Living room w/open-beamed ceiling, tongue & groove ceilings throughout
(perigo wood floors) - 14-6’x19’
- Stone Hearth and full length chimney w/ wood burning stove (electric backup heat)
- Sleeping loft with handcrafted wood spiral staircase - open to the living room below.
- 280 sq ft (14’x17’)
- Master Bedroom (perigo wood floor) - 10’x10’
- Screened 3-Season Covered Porch - 7’x9’
- Covered, wrap around porch with tongue & groove, knotty pine ceiling and recessed lighting - 436 sq ft.
- Total square feet (upper and main floor)= 1,060
- New well and septic
- Positioned on a wooded hillside with Kitchen / Dining area overlooking the river and forest.
- Pathway to the river, great location, deck over the river.
- Excellent trout fishing located on the “Little Manistee River”. One of Michigan's "Blue Ribbon" trout streams. Inhabited by wild Brown Trout, Rainbow/Steelhead and Brook Trout.
- Basement - 4’ crawl space with attached walkin pump house
- Asphalt roof
- Electric Hot Water Heater
- Baldwin community school
- Paved street
- Heat: Wood / Electric forced air
- Immediate possession
- 1/4 mile east of M-37
- A great cottage/cabin near off-road RV and snowmobile trails
- Adjacent to Manistee National Forest for hunting, cross country skiing, snowmobiling, mushroom hunting and off road activities.
- 15 miles north of Baldwin MI / 46 miles to Crystal Mountain Ski Resort / 30 miles to Cadillac MI / 40 miles to Manistee MI.